Receptors receive chemical signals that give commands to the cell.
2 Major Classes
Receptors are proteins which can be cell surface receptors - embedded in the cell membrane or intracellular receptors - inside the cell.
Class 1: Cell Surface Receptors
Can be divided into several categories:
- Ligand gated Ion channels
- G-protein coupled receptors
- Receptor tyrosine kinases
- Toll-like receptors
Class 2: Intracellular receptors
Can be divided into 2 general categories:
Download these Individual Receptors FREE
Introduction to Receptors
- G Protein Coupled Receptors
- Receptor Tyrosine Kinase
- Toll-like Receptors
- Ligand-Gated Ion Channels
- The Basics of Cell Surface Receptors
- Excellent Review Material
- Can be Presented as a Stand-Alone Lesson
Lesson for FREE!
"PicScience did for us what our Media Services Department could not have because the folks at PicScience understand science because they are scientists. Thanks for being so creative, fast and easy to work with."